Affordable Health Care Insurance Rate — Tips For Cutting Down Costs
Those who understand how to comparison shop, more often than not, get the best deals. If you don’t, you’ll soon learn the process in this article. But before that, or while you do that, there are several other tips to use if you intend to get very cheap rates. Here are several of them…
1. Choosing to be flexible in the choice of doctors and health care facilities you can use will lead to lower costs. In order to get the most affordable rates you may be compelled to use doctors and hospitals that belong to a particular group or network. You may be forced to stop visiting your favorite health care provider if he or she doesn’t belong to that network.
It would be easier to attract cheaper rates if you can make such adjustments. Bear in mind that it’s highly recommended that you weigh what you stand to gain against what you may lose.
2. For people who are self employed, your premiums may be tax-deductible. If your employer offers a flexible spending account this might help you get a tax break. Consult your tax professional. This will help you confirm what will give you a tax break and what won’t.
3. Joining an HMO will help lower your cost. They are usually more affordable than opting for traditional health insurance. Just bear in mind that with the cheaper rate also come restrictions in the choice of hospitals and health care professionals you can use.
If you think that the limited choices of an HMO are more than what you save, you can look at other health insurance plans.
You’ll pay cheaper rates for traditional health insurance if you do extensive shopping. This is a guaranteed way to get inexpensive rates while enjoying a standard health insurance plan.
But if reducing cost is the most important consideration, then settle for an HMO as it is generally more affordable than traditional health insurance.
4. You can make reasonable savings on health insurance in a number of states if you own a home business. Such states demand that insurance companies offer home based businesses the same rates as they do other (bigger) businesses.
And all it takes for your home business to qualify is just one employed worker.
The good part is that the employee could be your spouse or grown kid who works with you. Moreover, you will still qualify if that single member of staff works only part time.
Group rates are generally lower so do your best to take advantage of this if you are a home business owner.
To know if you are eligible or even if your state has such a provision, call your state’s department of insurance, department of financial services or their equivalent.
5. If you make use of phone med services you would have done a lot to reduce your rates. A phone med service operates 24 hours daily and gives free medical advice. You can trust the advice you are given because they are given by competent personnel (usually not less than a registered nurse with at least 10 years experience). Local clinics provide free medical help by phone in most cases.
This, normally, should bring down the number of visits you make to a doctor although it does not take its place.
The advice they give could also help you take safety measures that will prevent a serious ailment. For these and other reasons, use these free medical services.
6. Buying your prescriptions online is a proven way to reduce your health care spend. You can also get affordable prices if you buy by phone. The internet reduces the cost of doing business and pharmaceutical companies or groups who sell their drugs online do so at cheaper rates. Nevertheless, you will do well to check the company you’re buying from so you do not put yourself at risk. Just go to BBB online and you’ll know if you should buy from a particular company.
Don’t forget that while we want to save costs we also want to stay safe.
7. Go through details of your policy from time to time. Although you may not really save anything by doing this, you will ensure you have sufficient coverage this way. And then you realize while doing this regular check that you really do NOT need some coverage you have bought.
Dropping such unnecessary coverage will lower your rates. Consider a scenario where you still have your newly-wedded daughter on your family health insurance policy with the attendant higher premiums. It’s very easy to forget little things like this. And you could be so over-joyed with the fact that your child is now in college or married that the last thing you will even consider is which insurance coverage you have to drop.
Get Health Insurance Quotes, Compare Plans And Save Much Now!
Get Quick Free NO-Obligation Quotes Now And Save!