Affordable Individual Health Insurance — Make Sure You Read The Following Tips
Do you want to pay less? Then you need to commit some time to learn the things you’d have to do to reach your goal. I’ve got enough suggestions to help the greater majority make savings of over 50% on insurance…
1. There are drugs that are popular. If you buy name brand drugs, your cost will be more. But are you aware that all generic drugs are expected by law to have the exact same measure of active ingredients as brand name drugs? The inactive ingredients are the only dissimilarities between generic drugs and brand names.
The truth then is that you only spend more when you buy a big brand name drug and do NOT get anything more in value. However, check this with your doctor before making this decision.
2. You’ll be given more affordable individual health insurance rates if you make your payments by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). This just means your insurer takes your premiums automatically from your account each month without sending you payment notices. This saves your insurer in many ways such as removing the cost of mailing payment notices and the expense of processing checks. Your premium is therefore lowered to reflect the cheaper cost of providing insurance to you.
3. For those who have a health condition that makes it hard or too expensive for them to find private personal health insurance coverage, the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA) insurance would provide a more affordable alternative.
4. There is a unique kind of savings account known as the Flexible Spending Account. This type of account is meant for you to save tax-free dollars mainly for your health needs. The good thing about this account is that it allows you to carry over the money unused into another year tax free. With this you can eventually have a substantial amount to meet your health needs.
5. In most cases, your regular medical check ups would not cost you a dime more because most individual health insurance plans wouuld probably include up to two complimentary medical check ups for you annually.
In case you want to know why this results in lower rates, here it is…
Treating a disease at its early stage is much more cheaper than doing so when it is already full-blown. This means that your health insurance provider will spend less to take care of you if health conditions are spotted early.
Consequently they give you lower individual health insurance rates for helping them save.