Cheaper Medical Insurance — Tips To Ensure You Get It
There are a lot of ways to cheaper but sufficient cover. But while some of them might save you some money, they could leave you with insufficient coverage. This is, nevertheless, not the case with the tips I’ll give you in this article as you’ll save while still maintaining enough coverage….
1. Did you know that your co-pay could be more expensive than the cost of your drugs? Sometimes, it’s better for you to pay for a prescription without the use of your insurance. Know which is applicable in each case and do what saves you more.
Being careful enough to always check will help you massive savings on the long run.
2. Maintain a healthy routine and you will get cheaper rates with time. For instance, your rate will be lower with time if you avoid junk food. Try to cut off cholesterol, fats and high carb from your diet and you will not only pay less but also be healthier.
Similarly, you will be healthier and therefore have to visit the doctor less if you routinely exercise up to 30 minutes daily.
3. In the majority of cases, your regular medical check ups won’t cost you anything extra because your health insurance plan would likely have up to two free medical check ups for you each year.
It it leads to considerable savings because the cost of dealing with health conditions in their benign stages is cheaper than treating full blown diseases. It is cheaper for your insurer to do this than to treat health conditions when they are malignant.. And, anything that makes your insurer spend less on you makes your rates cheaper.
4. You can reduce your rates by avoiding alcoholic beverages. Drinking irresponsibly makes you a bigger liability and so increases your rates.
Drinking is the source of a good number of health conditions and that is apart from the fact that it will also add to your risk to health insurance carriers.
What quantity of alcohol can you take without any side effect? I cannot really say as there are people who can take a bottle and still be okay while some will drink just a sip and things start going wrong.
What I’m sure of is that avoiding alcoholic beverages completely is isn’t harmful to anyone. If you can’t stay away totally, drink responsibly if you want to reduce your risk factor.
But I am told it is more difficult to drink in moderation than it is to give it up totally. There are groups that are out to help heavy drinkers to stay away from drinking. Just ask about them.
5. This shouldn’t be an issue for most individuals but we will still make mention of it…
Don’t use drugs that have either been banned or have yet to be approved as they will make you attract higher insurance rates if discovered and that is apart from the fact that you’re exposing yourself to danger. Abusing drugs also will make you spend more on health insurance. Self medication should be stopped both for the grave implications to your health and rates.
6. You can reduce your costs by joining an HMO. HMOs give you coverage that is cheaper than regular health insurance. However, joining an HMO means you’re restricted to the use of only doctors, other health care professionals and hospitals that are approved by the organization.
For folks who need limitless choices in who and where to get health care, a traditional health insurance plan is still your best bet.
You will pay very low rates for traditional health insurance if you do extensive shopping. If you shop properly you will pay far less for any plan you elect to use.
But if you’re willing to take the limitations, then an HMO is a great option for bringing down your cost.
7. Using a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) is another way you can cut down on cost. It costs more than an HMO but as well gives you more choices.
It’s yours to contrast the benefits you’ll get with what you’ll save to determine if it will serve you better than traditional health insurance. If you need to save more but also need more choices than is offered by an HMO, then use a PPO.
Get Health Insurance Quotes, Compare Plans And Save Much Now!
Get Quick Free NO-Obligation Quotes Now And Save!