Low Cost Individual Health Insurance — Steps You Can Take To Attract It
How far have you gone in ensuring you attract very affordable individual health insurance rates? Did you just stop at the few recommendations you got then? Won’t you like to get more tips if that will imply more massive savings? Then check if you’ve thought of these…
1. You’ll save by having your kids insured through state plans. There are normally eligibility requirements.
But check if you are eligible as this will cost you nothing or close to nothing in most cases. If you have a kid with a special ailment, you will save much if you insure such a kid through a state plan.
2. Even though a good number of individuals have realized that smoking increases their individual health insurance rates, they may not know that the same is also true if they use other tobacco products. For example, you will attract a higher premium if you chew or snuff tobacco.
So for your health and lower rates, stop using any tobacco product.
3. Go for free clinics if you want to lower your spend. They will either lower your co-payments or premium entirely. Such free clinics will cater for simple things like providing you with medical advice, blood pressure checks and much more. Clinics like these are generally some form of community service.
4. That extra weight is costing you more in health insurance. An insured’s Body Mass Index (BMI) is a serious factor that determines how much a person pays as rate.
A high BMI will always get a high premium all other things being equal. You’re overweight for your height and sex if your Body Mass Index is high. Now don’t wait until when you can lose 30 pounds because losing as little as 5 pounds can reduce your BMI rating which leads to more affordable rates.
5. You can lower your rates by buying prescriptions online. You can also get lower prices if you buy by phone. Drugs are cheaper online because the cost of running a business is remarkably lower with the internet. Howbeit, you’ll do well to check the company you’re buying from so you don’t endanger yourself. It is very easy to do this by checking a resource like BBB.
This is quite very important as you won’t want to endanger your life all in the name of making savings.