Low Cost Individual Health Insurance — Things That Will Make It Easy
How well have you done in your bid to cut your individual health insurance rate? Did you simply give up after using the few recommendations you got years ago? Won’t you love to get more tips considering that will translate to more massive savings? I have many more guaranteed tips here…
1. You can insure your children through state plans if you want to reduce your spend. However, not every family can benefit from these plans.
These plans are often either free or cost very little. These plans can save you a lot if your child has a special health condition that will cost you much if you insure them with traditional insurance providers.
2. Although many insurance prospects have realized that smoking increases their individual health insurance rates, they may not know that the same is also true if they use other tobacco products. For instance, you’ll get a more expensive rate if you chew or snuff tobacco.
Therefore, for your wellbeing and cheaper rates, stop using any tobacco product.
3. Take advantage of free clinics if you intend to reduce your spend. You can get professional medical advice, blood pressure checks and and other medical service at such free clinics. Clinics like these are normally some form of community service.
4. That excess weight is costing you a lot in health insurance. There’s something known as Body Mass Index (BMI). It is used to determine a prospect’s rates.
The higher an individual’s Body Mass Index rating, the higher their premium will be. You’re overweight for your height and sex if your BMI is high. And do not think that you will get savings only when you lose 50 pounds, just losing a few pounds will get you lower rates provided it lowers your BMI rating.
5. Buying your prescriptions online is a sure way to lower your health care spend. You can also get lower prices if you buy by phone. Drugs are more affordable online because the cost of operating a business is remarkably cheaper with the internet. But if you’ve chosen to buy online do all within your power to find out a little about whom you are buying from because there are wolves online. Organizations like BBB can tell you if a company is trustworthy or not so don’t fail to check.
While we want to lower our health care spend we also have to make sure we safeguard our lives.