Low Cost Individual Health Insurance — Ways To Attract It
How far have you gone in ensuring you attract very affordable individual health insurance rates? Have you restricted yourself to only recommendations that your friends shared with you a long time ago? Won’t you like to learn more if that will mean more massive savings? Then see if you’ve made use of these tips…
1. You’ll save by having your children insured through state plans. There are often criteria for eligiblity.
But check if you are eligible as this will cost you nothing or close to nothing in most cases. If you have a kid with a special health condition, you will save much if you insure such a kid through a state plan.
2. It is now generally known that smoking causes higher individual health insurance rates. What many might not appreciate is that this is also true if you use any other form of tobacco product. Chewing or snuffing tobacco, for example will cost you in higher rates.
Therefore, for your health and less expensive rates, stop using any tobacco product.
3. Going for free clinics will help you lower your spend. You can get professional medical advice, blood pressure checks and much more at such free clinics. These clinics could be organized by a community or rendered as community service by an organization.
4. Lose weight and your individual health insurance premium will drop. There is something known as Body Mass Index (BMI) which is used to calculate a prospect’s rates.
If your Body Mass Index rating is high, your premium will be expensive. The more overweight you are for your height and sex the higher your BMI rating will be. And do not think that you’ll get savings only when you lose 50 pounds, just losing a few pounds will get you lower rates once it lowers your BMI rating.
5. It will cost you far less and lower your rates if you buy your prescriptions over the internet. You can also get affordable prices if you buy by phone. The internet lowers the cost of doing business and pharmaceutical companies or groups who sell their drugs online do so at cheaper prices. But to ensure you’re buying from the right company, check. It is quite easy to do this by using a resource like BBB.
While we want to reduce our health care costs we also need to ensure that we safeguard our health.