Health Care Insurance — 7 Ways To Cut Down Cost
Are you interested in proven steps to get low rates for coverage that won’t cause you heartache down the road? If so, these tips will help you reach that goal…
1. That extra weight is costing you more in health insurance. There is something called Body Mass Index (BMI). It is used to calculate a prospect’s rates.
The higher a prospect’s Body Mass Index rating, the more expensive their premium will be. Your weight is too much for your height and sex if your Body Mass Index is high. And don’t think that you will get savings only when you lose fifty pounds, just losing a few pounds will lower your rates once it reduces your BMI rating.
2. The use of tobacco in any form will increase your rates. People who snuff or chew tobacco will also get higher rates than people who don’t
Staying off all tobacco products will result in cheaper health insurance.
3. If you drive irresponsibly then expect to pay higher health insurance rates. Being found guilty of traffic offences is not just bad for your auto insurance rate it also affects your health insurance rates. This is because you will become a worse risk to your health insurance provider.
You will lower your costs if you cultivate a the right attitude behind wheels. If you drive a fast muscle car or super bike, you will likely pay much more for health insurance. This is because they are more likely to cause you injuries because they have a higher risk of accidents.
4. Don’t be carried away by the cheapest price as you shop for affordable health insurance. What you should be after isn’t merely the cheapest quote but that which represents the best price to value ratio. If the lowest price has everything that is of value to you, then go for it. But if you don’t see the right value at the lowest rate, you’ll be making the right decision if you spend more to ensure you really get the type of coverage that you really need.
5. If you are the type that is hardly ever sick you will save a lot by buying catastrophic health insurance instead. For folks who do not know what it is, it’s a kind of plan that takes care of you if you fall ill suddenly or get involved in an accident.
The most outstanding benefit of this policy is where sudden diseases or accidents create huge bills that could at best be called catastrophic. That’s the reason it’s protection against catastrophic ailments or accidents. They come at very inexpensive rates.
But take note that the deductibles are as high as $2,000. Notwithstanding, you’ll be happy to contribute such if your medical bills run up to $50,000. This is where this plan really shines.
6. A Flexible Spending Account is helpful as you search for opportunities to reduce your spend. You can put away tax-free dollars to cater for your health needs. You can also carry over any money you did not use in a year to the subsequent year tax-free. This gives you a tax free way of building large reserves of funds for your health needs.
7. Quit drinking if you want cheaper rates. Taking alcoholic beverages makes you a bad risk and therefore gets you higher rates.
You well know that a good number of diseases can be traced to heavy drinking.
How much alcohol would be harmful to you as a person? Sincerely, I can’t say.
But here is what I’m sure of: Quitting alcohol in its totality will do you a world of good. If you cannot stay away totally, drink in moderation if you want to reduce your risk factor.
The only problem is that people who say they cannot quit drinking most often cannot drink in moderation. There are groups that are out to help heavy drinkers to stay away from drinking. Just ask about them.
Get Health Insurance Quotes, Compare Plans And Save Much Now!
Get Quick Free NO-Obligation Quotes Now And Save!