Individual Health Insurance — You Can't Pass Up Big Discounts With These
If you must get big discounts, then you must NOT miss certain things. Following are a few of such things…
1. Using tobacco in any form will increase your rates. Those who snuff or chew tobacco will also get higher rates than people who don’t
Therefore, for your wellbeing and less expensive rates, stop using any tobacco product.
2. A group plan is more affordable than an individual health insurance plan. Don’t miss it if you’re in a position that offers you the option to use a group plan as it typically means that you’ll pay less. The higher the risk insurers attach to your profile the more you’ll save if you can get health insurance through a group plan.
This also applies to persons who have health conditions that get very costly rates. A group plan is an easy way of lowering your cost without reducing the quality of coverage you get.
3. Settling for catastrophic health insurance plans will help you make considerable savings in health insurance and is recommended if you are the consistently healthy type. For those who might not know what it is, it’s a kind of plan that caters for you if you fall sick suddenly or get involved in an accident.
You’ll truly love this policy if you ever are compelled to pay huge bills due to unforeseen health conditions or accidents. Catastrophic health insurance rates are generally very affordable.
What are generally high are the deductibles which can be as much as $2,000. However, considering that you are getting coverage from accidents or ailments that would make you spend tens of thousands of dollars such deductibles are not quite that high — Relatively.
4. Healthy living will attract cheaper rates. For example, your rate will be lower with time if you avoid junk food. It will benefit you to stick with the right diet for you if you want a healthy life and lower premiums.
You’ll as well help your health and rate by going on daily exercise.
5. You’ll pay less for health insurance if you join a PPO or Preferred Provider Organization. This option is slightly more expensive than an HMO but also gives you more options.
You can check your needs and what you stand to save by either making use of a PPO or traditional health insurance. If you want to make more saving but as well need more flexibility than is offered by an HMO, then make use of a PPO.
6. If you find it quite difficult to buy a regular health insurance plan, you may qualify for Medicaid. Different states have different rules for qualification But fundamentally, they are for people with low incomes. It does not matter whether you’re employed or not.
It would help reduce your cost if you or any family member meets the criteria. You can check whether you or yours are eligible for your state’s Medicaid program.
7. There are things that you’d do well not to see a doctor about as it only increases your health care spend without doing you any real good. Clear instances are viral infections like flu for which your doctor can really do nothing. There are easy steps you should take and if you go to the doctor you’ll pay and still be told the same things.
There is no way you can justify spending $100 for something you should have dealt with on your own. I also believe there are a few home incidents that your first aid box will handle quite well.
It pays to know how to take care of simple home emergencies especially if you have children. Learning a few simple procedures and having a well-equipped first aid box will help you save much on unnecessary visits to a doctor.
However, it’s better to err on the side of caution and visit a doctor if you’re not certain. But, please, know your limits and be aware that there are things you must take to a doctor even if you know what to do. You are not permitted by law to attempt some things except you are a certified medical practitioner even if you know what to do. Handle what you should and allow your doctor handle those he/she should. This will cut your visits to the doctor and, as well, bring down your cost.
Get Health Insurance Quotes, Compare Plans And Save Much Now!
Get Quick Free NO-Obligation Quotes Now And Save!