Tips For Affordable Medical Insurance
Certain suggestions for reducing your rates do compromise the level of coverage you enjoy and so are NOT wise. Be that as it may, you can pay much less for superior coverage if you know the things that matter and and apply them rightly. I’ll show you how…
1. Lines of duty that are considered hazardous get more expensive premiums. You can bring down your premium if you choose another line of duty that will not expose you to hazards. If your work exposes you to toxic chemicals, for example, your rates will be much higher than that given to a comparable profile who maybe works as a cashier in a shop.
2. How much can you contribute to payments for your visits to your doctor? This is what is called your co-pay for those who don’t know already. Increasing your co-pay reduces your rates. If you rarely ever go to see a doctor, you will lower your rate considerably by selecting a high co-pay.
3. This won’t be a problem for most individuals but we’ll still have to talk about it…
Don’t use drugs that have either been banned or have yet to be approved as they will make you attract higher rates if discovered and that is apart from the fact that you are endangering your health. Abusing drugs as well will make you spend more in health insurance. Avoid self-medication as well and you will definitely get cheaper rates than individuals who don’t.
4. Some individuals are not poor enough to be eligible for plans for the low income earner and also have financial constraints that make traditional health insurance very difficult to afford. If you are one of such individuals, you will benefit greatly from a discount medical card. So what are they?
Such a card lets you use a network of doctors who are contracted to give services at more affordable rates to all card carriers. They aren’t generally provided by any health insurance company.
You can fall back to this option if you have a medical history that has made health insurance companies either reject you or give you a rate that is too high. There are no exclusions for any reason. All you have to do is pay a little monthly fee and you’ll be eligible to use the services of a network of health care providers at a lower rate.
5. Phone med services will help you lower your costs. A phone med service operates twenty four hours everyday and provides free medical advice. You can trust the advice you get because they are given by trained professionals (usually not less than a registered nurse with at least ten years experience). Local clinics offer free medical help by phone in most cases.
This, generally, should reduce the number of visits you make to a doctor even though it’s not an alternative to doing so.
A timely medical help could be the difference between a serious ailment and a mild one. So they’re worth giving serious consideration.
6. It will cost you far less and lower your costs if you buy your prescriptions online. Buying by telephone will as well give you cheaper prices. Drugs are more affordable online because the cost of doing business is considerably cheaper with the internet. Nevertheless, you will do well to check the company you are buying from so you don’t put yourself at risk. Organizations like BBB can tell you if a company is trustworthy or not so do not fail to check.
This is quite very important as you don’t want to risk your health in the name of making savings. Checking with BBB online and other such services will put you on the safe side while you buy at more affordable rates online.
7. An easy but rewarding way of reducing your premium is by authorizing an EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). This authorizes an insurer to automatically withdraw your premiums from your account when due. This saves your insurer in many ways such as removing the cost of sending payment notices and the cost associated with processing checks. Your insurance carrier passes part of what they save to you by offering you lower premium.